Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Off The Prednisone

Today is my first day off the Prednisone - again. The last few times I went off Prednisone, I relapsed with loss of muscle strength. I'm hoping that this time it doesn't happen since now I know what's wrong with me (Polymyositis). My inflammation numbers (cpk) have been under 70, but the 60's do hurt quite a bit even though it's below normal. I just really hope I'm stressing out about this for nothing. At least now I know what to look for, whereas before I didn't have a diagnosis.

My Drs. are all positive about my outcome so far. I do have to see the pulmonologist, since it's been a while. I'm sure they'll want CTs or at least Xrays to see how my lungs are doing right now. I've had so many Dr. changes, with Drs. leaving and whatnot, that it's always interesting to see what they'll come up with next.

My hope is that I'll start dropping this weight now that the Prednisone is gone. I have 3 more Dr. appts. coming up in the next 2 weeks. I guess we'll see what they all say!

No comments:

Post a Comment